Sunday, August 30, 2009

Julia and Julia inspired

It is funny when I least expect it or how I have schemed in my mind, how God may answer my prayers.....he surprises me. Now, this is a good kind of surprise because his ways are so much higher than mine. I would settle for so much less. Less in who I am, in how he provides, how he whispers to me at times and then others puts a bullhorn in my ear.

Julia and Julia, was such a God blessing to me. Did Nora Ephron know when she wrote it, or Julie Powell that wrote the book, "with the language" know the laughter and blessing it would be? I don't think so but for me it was just what I needed.

The older I get the more I see "what I don't know" and how much I need to learn. Sometimes I can be so "thickheaded" in showing God my blueprint for my life. I am sure he has a good laugh and then says, "we'll see about that"

No comments:

Post a Comment